Northeastern Eye Institute's Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) is the first licensed, Medicare-approved outpatient facility devoted solely to eye care surgery in the Scranton area. Established in 1985, it offers outpatient and same-day surgical care; providing patients with comprehensive eye care that’s conveniently located for minimal interruption to home and work life.
This state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgical Center is housed in its own wing of the Northeastern Eye Institute at 204 Mifflin Avenue in Scranton. Serving Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton and all of northeastern Pennsylvania, the surgery center is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) – a process that requires stringent self-assessment and a thorough review by AAAHC surveyors. This self-analysis, peer review and professional consultation ensure the center delivers the highest standards of care and service.
Ambulatory Surgical Center Features
The Ambulatory Surgical Center is equipped with:
- State-of-the-art operating rooms, fully equipped to perform surgical eye procedures including:
- The latest and most advanced phaco-emulsification equipment for cataract surgery
- A cutting edge laser suite equipped with the VISX STAR laser for vision correction
- Lasers used in the treatment of glaucoma, retinal, and other vision disorders
- Specialized nurses and experienced ophthalmic surgical assistants
- Comfortable recovery rooms
- Spacious waiting areas for patients and relatives
- Convenient parking, fully adjacent to the facility
- A gracious, patient-oriented staff that is here to serve you and meet your needs.
For further information about our Ambulatory Surgical Center, call Northeastern Eye Institute toll-free at (800) 844-6315 or dial our Scranton office directly at (570) 342-3145, or email us.