Custom Vision Correction is a new and advanced form of laser vision correction that uses technology to measure your vision 25 times more precisely than other conventional techniques. Custom Vision Correction produces astounding results, and it is becoming the most widely performed laser vision correction procedure today.
According to FDA data:
- Over 98% of participants obtained 20/20 vision or better;
- 70% obtained even better than 20/20 vision;
- ALL participants had vision good enough to pass a driving test
About Custom Vision Correction Technology
Your vision is unique. It is as individual as your fingerprint or your DNA.
VISX WaveScan® is a form of technology that historically has been used in space telescopes. VISX WaveScan® provides your NEI ophthalmologist with a map of the unique characteristics and patterns of your eye. This pattern tells your NEI eye doctor whether or not you are a good candidate for laser vision correction and enables him or her to determine a customized treatment pattern that is unique to the individual.
VISX WaveScan® technology measures your vision up to 25 times more precisely than traditional methods used to measure vision for conventional eyewear.
If your NEI eye doctor feels it is beneficial, he/she may choose to provide you with a PreVue® Lens during the consultation. The PreVue® Lens enables you to view an approximation of your potential corrected vision prior to treatment; however, it is not meant to be predictive of your actual result.
VISX® CustomVue™ technology is an FDA-approved technology that enables your NEI ophthalmologist to correct your vision even more precisely than ever before.
Benefits of Custom Vision Correction
Custom Vision Correction is offered at Northeastern Eye Institute, and the majority of patients who are eligible for custom vision correction opt for this more advanced procedure. For those who are candidates, custom vision correction offers many advantages over conventional techniques including:
- The chance to see even better than you would with glasses or contacts.
- Wavefront technology that measures your vision, its contours, and imperfections 25 times more precisely than conventional diagnostic tools.
- Night vision that is up to four times better than that achieved with traditional corrective procedures.
- Lower re-treatment rates.
- Automated tracking and centering, further enhancing accuracy.
- Takes less time with faster scanning capabilities, thereby preserving tissue and minimizing treatment time.
The following are some of the FDA clinical study results. One year after the VISX® CustomVue™ procedure:
- 100% could pass a driving test without glasses or contact lenses
- 98% could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contact lenses
- 70% could see better than 20/20 without glasses or contact lenses
Contact Northeastern Eye Institute online or call (800) 844-6315 today for more information about custom vision correction or to schedule a consultation.