At Northeastern Eye Institute, we understand that using the most advanced technology on the market will significantly impact the results of your procedure. In order to deliver the best possible outcome for cataract procedures, we offer custom laser cataract surgery. This is just one of the many ways we strive to provide you with the highest quality eye care services available.
While this page will provide some basic information regarding laser cataract surgery, it cannot make specific recommendations about your unique case. The best way to determine whether laser cataract surgery is the right option for you is to speak with one of our ophthalmologists in person. Please call (800) 844-6315 today to schedule your custom laser cataract surgery consultation.
What Is Custom Laser Cataract Surgery?
No two people have eyes that are exactly alike. Your eyes have a unique size, depth, and curvature that differentiate them from everyone else’s. As a result, it is important to customize your cataract surgery procedure to ensure that the unique properties of your eyes are taken into account.
A computerized laser is used to make highly precise incisions in your eye. The use of a laser significantly increases the accuracy of these incisions compared with blade-created incisions used in traditional cataract surgery techniques. As a result, our ophthalmologists are able to carefully measure and map out the unique properties of your eyes prior to your surgery, ensuring a truly customized procedure.
Benefits of Custom Laser Cataract Surgery
The primary benefit of choosing custom laser cataract surgery is increased precision and improved surgical results, which is achieved by utilizing:
- High-resolution 3D imaging technology to map your eye during the planning phase of your procedure
- Image-guided surgical planning software that provides our ophthalmologists with the most accurate way to program the shape, size, and location of your incisions
- Touch-screen graphic user interface which allows our cataract surgeons to customize every aspect of your procedure
Other benefits of custom laser cataract surgery include:
- Increased predictability of visual outcomes
- Reduction in inflammation during surgery
- Improved safety
- Increased comfort
If your cataracts have advanced to the point where your vision has been significantly impacted, then it may be time to consider cataract surgery. Find out whether laser cataract surgery is right for you.
Custom Laser Cataract Surgery is performed by the following Board Certified surgeons at Northeastern Eye Institute:
- William J. Jordan Jr., D.O.
- Jerome W. Jordan, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Thomas S. Boland, M.D.
- Christopher S. Jordan, M.D.
- Arthur J. Jordan Jr., D.O., F.A.O.C.O.
- Mary J. Boland Frattali, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Please contact Northeastern Eye Institute using the form on this page or call (800) 844-6315 today to schedule your custom laser cataract surgery consultation. We serve patients in Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Hazelton, and throughout all of Northeastern Pennsylvania.