Northeastern Eye Institute is proud to offer Transitions® Adaptive Lenses to our patients in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. These eyeglasses adjust shades from clear to dark depending on the level of light exposure, providing you with the ultimate in eyewear convenience.
The best way to find out whether Transitions lenses are right for you is to speak with one of our optometrists in person. Please call (800) 844-6315 today to schedule an appointment at one of our Northeastern Pennsylvania area offices.
Transitions Adaptive Lenses contain photochromic dyes that activate when the lens is exposed to ultraviolet light. As a result, the lenses become darker when exposed to the UV rays of the sun. As the UV rays increase in intensity, your Transitions lenses will become increasingly darker. When there are no UV rays present, such as indoors or at nighttime, your Transitions lenses will return to a clear state.
Just about anyone who wears eyeglasses can experience the benefits of Transitions lenses. If you would like to eliminate the hassles associated with switching between eyeglasses and sunglasses every time you go in and out of doors, then Transitions might be an ideal option for you.
Benefits of Transitions Adaptive Lenses
There are many benefits to choosing Transitions lenses for your eyewear, including:
- Reduced eye fatigue – Ordinary glasses force your pupils to dilate and your eyes to squint to adjust to changing light levels. These actions can lead to significant eye fatigue over the course of an entire day. By adjusting their shade based on changes in light levels, Transitions lenses prevent your eyes from working as hard, eliminating this fatigue.
- UV ray protection – Whether it is a bright, sunny day or an overcast sky, there are UV rays affecting your eyes. The cumulative exposure to these harmful UV rays can cause serious eye damage, including vision impairment and age-related eye conditions. Transitions lenses block 100% of UVA and UVB rays, protecting your eyes from this damage.
- Glare reduction – Transitions lenses reduce the glare experienced in bright light by providing your eyes with the right amount of shade for every situation.
Transitions Lens Options
There are a wide range of Transitions lens options, ensuring there will be one to meet your unique needs. Some of the most popular include:
- Transitions Lenses – The classic Transitions lens creates optimal balance between outdoor darkness and indoor clarity. Wear these lenses indoors and outdoors all day.
- Transitions XTRActive Lenses – These lenses activate behind the windshield of a car for added darkness protection outdoors.
- Transitions Vantage Lenses – The only everyday lenses with variable polarization for crisper, sharper outdoor vision.
To learn more about the Transitions lens options, please contact Northeastern Eye Institute through the form on this page or call (800) 844-6315 today to schedule your initial consultation. We have 15 conveniently located offices throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, including Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and Hazleton.