Common Cataract Symptoms
Do you have cloudy or blurred vision? If so, you might be developing cataracts. Cataract is the term used for the natural cloudiness in the lens of the eye as you age. Common cataract symptoms may include:
- Cloudy or blurred vision which may cause difficulty focusing
- Double vision, causing you to see two of things
- Glares especially in the light
- Difficulty seeing at night or in dark rooms
- Black spots in your vision that stay fixed in one spot
- Colors that may appear faded or hazy
- Eye strain or feeling the need to squint to see, even with prescription eyewear
- Difficulty finding a prescription that will help correct your vision problems
If you suspect you might have cataracts, it is important to get them checked as early as possible to achieve the best possible results from treatment. If you are suffering from cataracts, laser cataract surgery might be a good option for you. During a minimally invasive laser cataract surgery, our cataract doctors will remove the clouded lens from your eye. It will then be replaced with a clear, artificial lens that will allow you to see clearly, restoring your vision. When these artificial lenses are implanted, it can also help reduce the need for other vision aids such as glasses or contacts.
If you are having blurred or cloudy vision and think cataracts might be the cause of your vision problems, please contact North Eastern Eye Institute today at 855-204-6888 for a consultation with one of our Board Certified Pennsylvania cataract doctors. Our skilled doctors can diagnose and treat your cataracts, giving you clear vision.