Established in 1984, Northeastern Eye Institute is the region's most comprehensive eye care facility and a leading provider of laser vision correction services. Our mission has always been to remain on the cutting edge of technology for eye care. You can watch local DJ AJ from 97BHT get LASIK in this video.
NEI has been a pioneer in the laser vision correction field in Northeastern Pennsylvania on many fronts:
- First to offer radial keratotomy (RK)
- First to introduce the excimer laser, the tool used for laser vision correction, to Northeastern Pennsylvania
- First to offer photo-refractive keratectomy (PRK), the first laser-based vision correction procedure
- First center in this area to offer this technology to treat farsightedness
- First in the area to introduce Conductive Keratoplasty (CK), a procedure designed to end or greatly reduce your need for reading glasses
- First LASIK provider in Northeastern Pennsylvania to offer iDesign LASIK, the most advanced laser vision correction technology available
- NEI introduced Custom Vision Correction (VISX® CustomVue™), a new and advanced form of laser vision correction that uses Wavefront technology to produce vision that could be even better than what you see with glasses or contact lenses
Northeastern Eye Institute's reputable, experienced LASIK surgeons are among the best-informed and most highly trained eye doctors in the industry. The surgeons at NEI have collectively performed thousands of laser vision correction procedures successfully.
For the convenience of patients, Northeastern Eye Institute has assembled an extensive network of 15 offices and optometrists located throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania who are certified in the pre- and post-procedure care of laser vision correction patients. We invite you to read on to learn more about laser vision correction at NEI:
Laser Vision Correction
Until recently, the most commonly performed laser vision correction procedure was Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK). This is an advanced procedure used to treat all degrees of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. LASIK treats the inner tissue of the cornea with little disturbance to the corneal surface. LASIK patients generally see clearly the next day and experience minimal discomfort.
In 1998, the FDA approved excimer laser technology for the treatment of farsightedness. NEI is the first center in the area equipped with the laser and expertise to provide this service.
Benefits of Laser Vision Correction
You can now gain freedom from the limitations and hindrances of glasses and contact lenses. Laser vision correction can allow you to:
- Eliminate or greatly reduce spending on eye wear.
- See clearly from the moment you wake up and look at the alarm clock.
- Enhance your personal appearance.
- Avoid potential damage to the eyes from the long-term use of contact lenses.
- Eliminate discomfort from allergic reactions to contact lenses and solutions.
- Avoid danger in emergency situations when there is no time for you to find your glasses or contact lenses.
- Play sports without using eye wear.
- Become eligible for careers that require clear vision without corrective lenses.
Contact Northeastern Eye Institute online or call (800) 844-6315 today for more information about financing your laser vision correction procedure.