Ideal Candidates for LASIK Surgery
Today there are more options available for Laser vision correction surgery than ever before. LASIK surgery can offer real change for those who have poor vision and feel limited by glasses and contact lenses.
To find out if you are a candidate for LASIK surgery, or other vision correction surgery, a thorough exam is the only way to know for sure. Once a careful examination has been performed, our experienced eye doctors can recommend the right vision correction procedure for your unique vision goals. During your exam, we can determine if you meet the criteria for LASIK surgery. Ideal candidates are those who:
- Meet requirements age and FDA guidelines
- Currently have a stable prescription
- Have sufficient corneal thickness
- Have good overall eye health without any infections or diseases
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Do not have any additional health conditions that may cause complications, such as uncontrolled diabetes or high blood pressure
Aside from the physical conditions needed for successful LASIK surgery, it is also critical that ideal candidates for LASIK surgery have the right mental attitude. You should have realistic expectations about LASIK outcomes, and be willing to accept that as with any surgical procedure, there are risks.
If you think LASIK surgery might be right for you and you would like to have our experienced eye doctor determine your candidacy, contact the Northeastern Eye Institute by calling 855-204-6888 to schedule a consultation. We proudly serve patients in Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Hazleton, and throughout NEPA.