At the Northeastern Eye Institute, we understand that every patient and every pair of eyes is unique. We know a one-size-fits-all approach to LASIK surgery isn't the right approach for the people of the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. That's why we have a number of versions of, and alternatives to, the LASIK procedure.
You deserve amazing vision, and we're committed to helping you achieve that. Your laser vision correction options include:
- Traditional LASIK: The standard LASIK procedure is perfect if you have nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism and you have corneas of the proper thickness.
- Custom Vision Correction: Using advanced VISX WaveScan® technology, we can map your eye with unprecedented precision. This provides better, longer lasting outcomes, as proven by FDA trials.
- LASEK: This alternative to traditional LASIK is ideal if your corneas are too thin to support that procedure. LASEK uses a much thinner corneal flap on the uppermost layer of your cornea. Recovery can be a bit slower than with traditional LASIK.
- PRK: Another LASIK alternative for those with thinner corneas, PRK does not require the creation of a corneal flap. Instead, laser energy is applied directly to the surface of your eye. Vision improvement is more gradual than with LASIK, but there's a reduced risk of corneal infection.
- Intralase: Often just called “bladeless LASIK,” Intralase uses pulses of light to create the corneal flap, not a blade, as in traditional LASIK. Again, this is an excellent option for those with thinner corneas. Recovery time is often reduced as well.
Which option is right for you? The only way to find out is to arrange a consultation with our experienced staff. We'll help you choose the vision correction surgery that's right for your unique needs.
If you live in or around Scranton-Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania and you're considering LASIK, please call the Northeastern Eye Institute today at 570-342-3145 for a consultation.