Choosing the Right Eye Surgeon
Your eyes are one of the most important and sensitive parts of your body. When you decide to undergo eye surgery in Scranton, whether LASIK, Visian ICL, or one of the other available alternatives, it’s important to choose the right eye surgeon.
When considering your options, the surgeon of your choice will should not simply be the best-qualified or lowest-priced option. If you’re not comfortable in any way with the person who will be performing the procedure, you should explore alternative options.
There are several things to consider when choosing your Scranton eye surgeon. To help make an informed decision, be sure to:
- Get recommendations from those you trust, such as your friends and family, and your personal physician.
- Get a recommendation from organizations dedicated to eye health, such as the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Optometric Association.
- Look out of your health plan network. A surgeon who is in your network may not be the right fit for you, while an “out-of-network” surgeon might be a great option. (They may also take your insurance, so ask!)
- Do your own research online and then compare your results to the recommendations from your friends, family, and doctor.
- Review the licensure history of your surgeon and find out about any pending disciplinary or legal actions.
- Get a second opinion. It’s always a good idea to get multiple perspectives.
- Meet the eye surgeon in person before scheduling a procedure to make sure you are totally comfortable with your choice.
To schedule a consultation with our highly skilled Scranton eye surgeon, call Northeastern Eye Institute at 855-204-6888 today.