As part of the natural process of aging, your eyelids can become baggy or droopy. In addition to making you look older, sleepy or simply tired, this process can also lead to brow and eyelid strain.
Northeastern Eye Institute offers a number of procedures which can reduce the appearance of baggy, droopy eyelids by removing excess skin and fat from the upper and lower eyelids. This gives a younger, healthier appearance and may even be covered by your health insurance if your drooping eyelids were associated with visual obstruction.
Eyelid surgery that improves the appearance of the eyelids is often called an "eye lift" or "blepharoplasty." This surgery can be performed on both the upper and the lower eyelids.
Cosmetic and elective procedures and services include:
- Brow and forehead lift
- Upper and lower eyelid lift
- BOTOX® Cosmetic around the eyes and face
- Restylane around the mouth, lips, and face
- Chemical peels
- Excision of lesions around the eyes and face
Medical services include:
- Surgery of the tear drainage system, to improve tearing
- Excision or biopsy of tumors around the eyelid and orbit
- Fractures of the bones surrounding the eye
- Reconstructive surgery around the eye
- Treatment of thyroid-related orbitopathy
- BOTOX® Cosmetic injections for blepharospasm
- Repair of eyelid entropion and ectropion, or the eyelid rolling into or out of the eye
Dr. Giacometti specializes in Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as non-surgical cosmetic procedures of the eyelids and face. Contact us today by calling toll-free 855-205-2464 or emailing us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Giacometti.